Sunday 24 January 2010

Cupcake Magic

With the shock of having no school work or revision to do this weekend, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. With the freedom to do anything I wanted, I didn't want to do anything, I just wanted to lie around the house and maybe watch some Sex and the City reruns.
Instead, I made some cupcakes, using a recipe from Cupcake Magic, by the genius Katie Shirazi. Normally my cakes are like little biscuits - they don't rise or they burn after 5 minutes. But today I produced some magnificent cakes, if I say so myself. They tasted good as well; I sense a new Sunday tradition forming.
What my brother and I realised, after we polished off the last few cupcakes was that the silver sugar balls I'd decorated the cakes with had a Best Before date of November 1999. That's more than 10 years ago and it means that my mum bought them in about 1995. I love my mother, but checking dates on things is not one of her strengths. Bear (my brother) and I don't think we're in too much danger.
Flo x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails