Thursday 30 December 2010

Red Hair Appreciation

For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted red hair. My mum has red hair, and when I was younger I was hugely jealous of her gorgeous hair. I feel that redheads get a bad press (the whole "ginger-minger" thing), which I completely unfair, and makes me wonder why no-one discriminates against the blondes or brunettes. 
There's a definite trend for having red hair at the moment, which really first started when Cheryl Cole dyed her hair that purpley-red colour. But since I don't really like her colour (it's too fake), here is the original red-headed Girls Aloud member, Nicola Roberts: 
 Christina Hendricks aka Joan from Mad Men has definitely been influential. I mean, who wouldn't want to look like that? Or at the very least, have hair that colour?
Rihanna's red hair, for her softer new look (timed perfectly to go with the release of her album) has made three people I know dye their hair.
And then there's the models, who've been redheads for ages:
Lily Cole
Grace Coddington (she was a model and she's my hero so she's going on here)
and Karen Elson (inspiration for my haircut)
I have dyed my hair red before. It looked like this (ignore the weird face I'm pulling):
Because my hair is so dark, the red dye went an orangey colour, and made my skin look sallow. So it seems I am doomed to have dull brown hair instead of gorgeous red hair. Until I can afford to buy a decent wig. 
Basically, what I'm trying to say is, red hair is beautiful, and here to stay. 

2 comments:

  1. i love that color on you what did you use?? whta your natural color??

    ReplyDelete
  2. My natural colour is a dark brown (see most of my other blog posts for the colour), but the hairdresser used a Loreal colour, a red with a blonde base, but I can't remember the exact number.
    I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails