Wednesday 24 February 2010

Burberries.



Christopher Bailey is a very clever, and very nice, man (I shook his hand once). 
What he has done with the brand since he joined in 2001 is very smart indeed. It went from being stuffy, just-for-the-upper-crust to being quite hip and trendy. 
Getting Kate Moss on board (after the cocaine scandal) really hyped the brand up, and this picture made me really want a trench coat . 

Then came the group ads, which I have BIG LOVE for, especially the really early ones featuring Agyness Deyn and Alex Pettyfer. 






Then Emma Watson was made the face of Burberry, and as one of the most recognisable actresses around (hello! she's Hermione!), everyone went a little bit crazy. 





I LOVE the Autumn/Winter '10-'11 collection that Bailey presented at London Fashion Week on Monday. I love the colours, the mix of light and heavy fabrics, but most of all, I love the coats. Military jackets, shearling  aviator jackets, fur, ponyskin, wool and suede coats. 





 



I don't care that this is a man's coat. I adore it. I want it. Now.


However, as much as I want to rave about Burberry, I can never forget this image that has been burned into my brain and given me and aversion to the legendary Burberry check: 



Flo x

Catwalk images via: vogue.co.uk
All other images: Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails