Monday 28 June 2010

Glastonbury

I'm one of those people who has never understood the appeal of festivals (who wants to camp for three days with no showers in the mud and rain with thousands of equally smelly and muddy people?), and I have certainly never understood the nation's obsession with Glastonbury. Until this year. 
My brother forced me to watch Dizzee Rascal performing You've Got The Dirtee Love with the magical Florence Welch. And then Florence + The Machine performing Dog Days. I figured that since I will be attending my first festival in less than two weeks, I should see what all the fuss is about. And suddenly it clicked. It's FUN. 
However, I'm not going to wither on about my epiphany of how festivals "aren't just about the music and there's something more to them etc" because I'm not going to be able to put it into words without sounding: 
a) pretentious 
b) like I have no idea what I'm talking about. 
So I'm going to simply show you why I now like festivals, wrapped up in one 7 minute video:
Flo x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails